The aasp Awards Program recognizes outstanding professionals for their contributions to the organization. Winning an aasp award is an outstanding accomplishment and a great honor within the advancement services profession. Award recipients are announced at the Annual Business Meeting at the Summit.
Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award
The highest honor aasp bestows on an Advancement Services professional, the Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award, is presented to a member in recognition of their lifetime achievement and service to the profession. The award is named after the late Jonathan Lindsey. Recipients of this award have made significant contributions to the field and have made outstanding accomplishments in their professional lives. The Board of Directors is responsible for determining recipients of this award.
About Jonathan Lindsey
In April of 2012, Advancement Services lost a master in the profession with the passing of Jonathan Lindsey. Jon retired from Baylor University where he was the director of information and donor services. He remained active as a charter member of aasp and served as the inaugural chair of the ethics committee. His long and distinguished career in Advancement Services was enthusiastically recognized at our 2009 Summit, when Jon received the first-ever Lifetime Achievement Award. Whether it was engaging in a conversation on best practices, leading an industry software session or a lively discussion of an ethical dilemma, Jon embraced his work and interests with great passion and dedication.
Emerging Leader Award
The aasp Emerging Leader Award recognizes an aasp member who has recently assumed a leadership role in aasp for the first time. This Award honors members who demonstrate exemplary leadership potential and encourages members’ active participation in aasp.
Volunteer of the Year Award
The aasp Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding volunteer whose unselfish and dedicated service to aasp has made a significant difference and mirrors the commitment to success in our professional ranks.
Past Award Recipients
- Emerging Leader: Susan Quinn, Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Outstanding Leader: Sharon Lonthair, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Weiner, Robert L. Weiner Consulting
- Volunteer of the Decade: Vicky Medlock, Rollins College
- Volunteer of the Year: Tom Chaves, Lehigh University
- Emerging Leader: Mark Koenig, Oregon State University Foundation
- Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award: Ann House, University of Miami (Retired)
- Volunteer of the Year: Melody McBeth, Highland Fundraising Solutions, LLC
- Emerging Leader: Bart Jacobs, Utah Valley University
- Volunteer of the Year: Shomari White, Children's National Health System
- Emerging Leader: Amanda Jarman, Fundraising Nerd
- Volunteer of the Year: Jennifer Liu-Cooper, University of Delaware
- Emerging Leader: Vered Siegel, Children's Home + Aid
- Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award: Lynne Becker
- Volunteer of the Year: Meredith Hancks, Western Illinois University
- Emerging Leader: Lisette Clem, Bryant University
- Jonathan Lindsey Lifetime Achievement Award: John Taylor, North Carolina State University
- Volunteer of the Year: Amy Phillips, Tulane University
- Volunteer of the Year: Jon Thorsen, The Nature Conservancy
- Lifetime Achievement: Jonathan Lindsey, Baylor University