Applications due Friday, June 5, 2020
aasp is pleased to announce the availability of six Summit 2020 Scholarships, for practitioners in underrepresented sectors, and for practitioners in small shops.
Those who wish to apply for scholarships must meet the eligibility criteria and submit a short statement outlining anticipated benefits from attending Summit, and indicating written approval from a supervisor.
- Registration fee for Summit 2020
- Registration fee for our Newcomers PreConference Session
- One year of membership dues
- Travel costs up to $300
- A single room at the conference hotel for two nights. (Please note this scholarship does not include meals outside of breakfast and lunch on September 22 and breakfast on September 23, room service, or add-ons to any room.)
General Eligibility Criteria
- Must be working in the field of advancement services for at least one year as of the date of Summit (September 2020).
- Meet the criteria for an underrepresented sector and/or the small shop criteria listed below:
- Must be employed by an organization identified as "underrepresented" in our membership, specifically:
- Environment/Wildlife/Animal Welfare
- K-12 Education
- Humanitarian/Social Services
- Must be employed by an organization with three or fewer FTEs in advancement services. (May be awarded to a practitioner whose job functions are .5 FTE in advancement services, but no less)
Applications are anonymized and judged by a committee. Please note that scholarships are awarded to the individual applicant and are not transferable. Should a winner leave the field of advancement services or disqualify before Summit, the aasp reserves the right to award the scholarship to another individual from the current pool of qualifying applicants.
2019 Scholarship Recipient Testimonial
|| Joan Hollifield
Director of Information Services for Advancement
Shorecrest Preparatory School
St. Petersberg, FL
"The program was exceptional and I learned so much, but I also left with a feeling of comfort that I have resources and new connections to reach out to with questions or best practice advice. I feel like I am flying solo sometimes since I work in
a small shop, but while I was at the conference and having conversations and attending the sessions, I felt so supported and at home among those with similar experiences.
I was lucky enough to connect with two other new friends from preK-12 schools, one of which I met in the elevator after the last session! But, we exchanged cards and plan to connect via email right away!
Attending aasp Summit 2019 was one of the most exciting points of my 3 ½ year career in advancement services and I am extremely thankful for the very generous scholarship to attend! The programming was great and
very helpful to me. Thank you for the membership for the year to aasp. I am also excited for the new platform, [aaspConnect], and I know I will use the best practice documents and hopefully the mentorship program."